Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happiness

"Even though Abba and Aisha are proud of what I did, they can't seem to be happy." Page 142

I felt sorry for Abba and Aisha, as well as Nadira. Of course Abba and Aisha can't be happy because they live in fear of being deported. I also feel sorry for Nadira because it seems that the first time that Nadira accomplishes something great, her family can't be happy for her. Before they started to Canada, her family was focused on Aisha, Aisha, Aisha. At that time they were a little less focused on immigrating and they were probably a lot happier. Nadira's accomplishment came at a bad time when her family wasn't as focused. Something else that caught my atention was how Ma wasn't mentioned in the sentence. I think she wasn't metioned because she did show Nadira how proud she was by thanking her and congratulating her. I wish Nadira's greatness could come at a different time when the family could be prouder of her. Maybe they will notice her later in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment