Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Realization

"I think about what Ma said, how I'm patient and that one day people will see my slow,steady strength. And I keep thinking about Ali-uncle, how he never hurries himself, and he always knows in advance what he's going to do or say." Page 79

I absolutely love this quote. It shows that Nadira is gaining some much needed self confidence. I really hope that people do see her strength, not her weaknesses. Ali-uncle never hurries himself, he always thinks about what he wants to do or say, he never seems to hurt anyone(good) with his words. I like the way the whole paragraph ends on a good note, a much needed good note. I like the 'deep' writing in the last paragraph. I really think it adds something to the book. I do hope that people realize Nadira's strength.

2 comments:

  1. I found this encounter really touching and I think it really gave her a boost. I also notice that there is always a distinct end to each of the chapters.

    ReplyDelete